Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Race #1: Max's O'Hartford 5K

(belated) Top O the Morning to you all!!

Sunday marked the first race of my 2013 running adventure with the Max's O'Hartford 5K!  This race was ton of fun to run, despite the cold temperatures and rather obnoxious winds.  The race turned into a family affair, as my older sister ran the race with me and my oldest niece volunteered for the kids race.

I ran into and saw many people I knew, including the family I babysit for during the summer.  The youngest dressed up as a kangaroo for the kids race and I have to say I was rather jealous of her costume...not only because it's freaking adorable but also since it looked incredibly warm!


I did a poor job training for this event, however I finished without stopping and with a time I was happy with: 28:32...hopefully this links you to my race results...

The combination of school work, cold weather, and lack of motivation has severely impacted my run training.  I know I can muscle through 5K's, but I need to step up my game for the longer distances I have planned for the rest of this year.  My first 10K is scheduled for the beginning of June, which means I need to use April to establish I good running base (get into the habit of running 3-4 times a week...building up some speed with smaller distances) and May to add up the miles needed to complete 6.4 miles in (hopefully) less than a hour.

Here's to the next race: Sandy Hook Run for the Families 5K on Saturday.  Happy running!



No comments:

Post a Comment